Sushi Platter - Vegan
It's time to get creative in the kitchen with this epic Sushi Platter by @elleplantfood on Instagram 🍣
- sushi rice
- nori sheets
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp lime juice
- vegan protein of your choice (tofu, tempeh)
- veggies of your choice
- Abakus Foods Seaweed Crisps
- Cook your rice according to package instructions. Once done, place in a large bowl in the fridge to cool down.
- Score a cross on 4 tomatoes and add to boiling water for 10 seconds until the skin peels off, then transfer into cold water before cutting into strips.
- Make a sauce by mixing together 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp sriracha, 1 tbsp grated ginger and 1 tsp lime juice, then add the tomato strips and marinade for 30 mins.
- If using a vegan protein, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Once hot, add your vegan protein of choice and sauté for 5 minutes untouched.
- Once rice is cooled down, mix some rice vinegar and white vinegar and set aside.
- Now for the fun part! Assemble the sushi by placing a nori sheet on a sushi mat. Spread 2/3 cup of the cooked rice over the nori sheet, leaving about 2/3 of an inch clean on one end.
- Then, top with your veggies of choice and roll the nori sheet over the top of the fillings and continue to gently (and tightly) roll the sheet until it's all the way rolled up. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Crush some of your Abakus Foods seaweed crisps and sprinkle them on top of the sushi. You can add some full ones as a garnish.
- Slice into 1 inch pieces and enjoy! Feel free to serve with sliced ginger, a touch of soy sauce and of course some extra seaweed crisps!
Shop our Seaweed Crisps here for some extra crunch!