Recipe: Vegan Roast Vegetable Lasagne - GF, low carb
This lasagne is super simple to make with less than 30 minutes prep time, and tastes delicious, creamy, and wholesome. It is vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free, and low carb.
Vegan Roast Vegetable Lasagne
For creamy bechamel:
- 2 cups of soaked cashews (ideally soaked overnight, if not 30 mins on the hob can work)
- 1tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 100ml water
- 100ml nut milk (cashew, almond, rice, soya)
- 3 garlic gloves or 4 tsp garlic granules
- 5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 5tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For tomato sauce:
- 3 tins chopped tomatoes
- Bunch of Basil leaves/chopped basil
- 4 tbsp oregano
- 3 tsp garlic granules/garlic salt
For roasted vegetable filling:
- 3-4 aubergines (depending on how big your dish is)
- 3 red onions
- 3 peppers (any colour)
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- You can also add in any vegetables of your choice to this (e.g. sweet potato, courgette)
- Olive or vegetable oil
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees (180 for fan ovens)
- To start, thinly slice your aubergines into slices/strips (they act as the lasagne sheets). Place these on a baking tray and drizzle with olive or vegetable oil, then sprinkle a few pinches of salt, pepper and oregano over the top.
- Also, chop your vegetables into thin strips and place on a separate baking tray, again drizzle with oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Pop these in the oven, whilst they roast, we will make the bechamel and tomato sauce.
- To make the bechamel, place all ingredients for this above into a high-speed blender. Blitz until smooth, add extra milk/water if too thick (need to make sure you have enough for 2-3 layers of lasagne). Can taste and then season to personal preference (extra salt for example)
- For the tomato sauce, place the tinned tomatoes in a pan on a low heat. Add in basil leaves, oregano and garlic granules. Simmer and stir for 5 minutes
- Then assemble! Take roasted veg out of the oven. Place a layer of tomato sauce, a thin layer of bechamel, add roasted veg then lay down the aubergine slices on top like regular lasagne sheets and repeat (repeat a third time if you have room)
- Place in oven and cook for approx. 40 minutes (make sure to check on it at 25 minute mark)
- It is ready when the bechamel layer on the top starts to look thicker and starts to brown
Why not treat yourself to some Chocolate Coated Red Dates after the meal as a guilt-free dessert? Find the Chocolate Coated Red Dates and other treats here: https://www.abakusfoods.com/collections/jujube-red-dates-seaweed-crisps
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.