Recipe: Vegan Frittata - GF & Vegan
August 26, 2020
Forget sandwiches, try our vegan frittata recipe - perfect for lunchboxes. Packed full of veg and iodine-rich seaweed crisps, there will be no complaints about this nutritious and delicious lunch!
RECIPE: Vegan Frittata
- 100g Chickpea Flour (Gram Flour)
- 200ml Water
- 2 Peppers
- 1 Large Onion
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Packet Sea Salted Seaweed Crisps
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Chop up the peppers, onion and courgette, toss with oil and place on a baking tray. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the chickpea flour and water in a large bowl, to create the batter. Add in the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Once roasted, take the vegetables out of the oven and mix into the batter.
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a non-stick ovenproof frying pan and pour in the mixture.
- Spread the mixture out evenly across the pan.
- Take the Sea Salted Seaweed Crisps and gently push into the batter.
- Cook for around 5 minutes before placing in the oven for a further 10 minutes or until the frittata has become solid and starts to crisp slightly around the edges.
- Eat warm or leave to cool and cut into slices ready for lunchboxes.
Buy our Sea Salted Seaweed Crisps here.