Recipe: Green Soup with Seaweed Crisps
September 03, 2019
This delicious and healthy soup recipe was inspired by vegetarian food blogger Maikki! It makes the perfect warming meal for this time of year as it begins to get cooler.
- 1 leek
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 800ml vegetable broth
- 1 broccoli (about 500g)
- 2 tbsp rice
- 300ml frozen peas
- Wasabi paste (to taste) + 1 tbsp water
- Juice of half a lemon
- Serve with a pinch of salt, fresh basil and the zest of a lime Freshly ground black pepper + salt
- 3 packs Abakus Seaweed Crisps
- Half the leek lengthwise and rinse thoroughly. Slice leek to half moons. Separate broccoli florets from the stem. Chop the stem. Mince garlic.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in sauce pot. Sautee leek slices over medium heat for 10 minutes. Add garlic and keep frying for 1 minute. Add vegetable broth, rice and broccoli stems to pot. Cook for 15 minutes or until rice is soft.
- Combine all in a bowl and mix. Add 2 packets of Abakus Seaweed Crisps, frozen peas and broccoli florets and cook 5 minutes. Puree the soup with immersion blender. Dilute wasabi paste to water. Season the soup with wasabi liquid, lemon juice and pepper (and salt if needed). Preheat the soup.
- Garnish with 1 packet Abakus Seaweed Crisps crunched up.
Find Maikki's original recipe and blog here!
Shop Seaweed Crisps here.