Recipe: Couscous and Red Dates Salad- Vegan- By Lydia Jeffery
This delicious and healthy salad was created by Lydia Jeffery, a health coach. It makes the perfect dish for warm summer days, to enjoy as a main meal or a side dish. It also works well in your lunch box for work or uni.
Recipe: Couscous and Red Dates Salad- Vegan
- 1/2 cup of couscous
- 1 cup water (with 1/2 dissolved veg stock for flavour)
- 1/3 of a cucumber (chopped)
- Handful of tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 tin of sweetcorn
- Few diced black olives
- Handful of flaked almonds
- Dried crispy Red Dates/ Jujube Fruit
- Serve with a pinch of salt, fresh basil and the zest of a lime
- Soak the couscous and leave for 5 to 10 minutes to absorb
- Chop all the ingredients
- Combine all in a bowl + mix
- Optional: sprinkle your jujube crisps just before serving if you prefer them crunchy
Lydia Jefferry is a health coach who focuses on nutrition and self-care. Visit her website to learn more.
Shop red dates - jujube fruit here.