Recipe: Banana and Red Dates Muffins by Lydia Jeffery- Vegan
This delicious and healthy banana and red dates muffins was created by Lydia Jeffery, health coach student. This yummy recipe is an easy to make treat which can be enjoyed in breakfast, as a snack or as a dessert.
Recipe: Banana and Red Dates Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (fan 180) and prepare the muffin tray
- Dice your red dates into small chunks and place to one side
- Peel 2 bananas and place them in a bowl and mash them thoroughly
- Measure the dry ingredients, ensure you sieve the flour, and combine into a bowl. Add the wet ingredients, including the banana and mix well (if you feel you need a splash more milk add it tbs by tbs)
- When the mixture has formed a cake consistency, add the red dates/ jujube fruit and continue to mix
- Divide the mixture into the cup-cases and place into the oven to bake for 25 minutes.
- Put crispy red dates/ jujube fruit and cinnamon on top of muffins as decoration.
Lydia Jefferry is a health coach student who focuses on nutrition and self-care. Visit her profile @livewellwithlydia to learn more.
Shop red dates - jujube fruit here.