Recipe: Crispy Rice With Vegan Spicy (Tomato) Tuna - Vegan, GF
Make something special for your guests this year and treat them to this stunning Crispy Rice With Vegan Spicy (Tomato) Tuna, featuring our Seaweed Crisps!
Recipe created by the talented @beckys.bowl!
For the rice 🍚
- 1 cup of cooked sushi rice (needs to be chilled)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp shichimi seasoning
- crumbled Abakus Foods sweet chilli seaweed crisps
For the vegan spicy tuna 🍣
Other ingredients you’ll need:
- sesame oil
- 1/2 avocado, mashed
- First up, prep your rice by adding in the rice vinegar, shichimi powder and crumbled seaweed crisps
- Shape the rice into small patties and can leave in the fridge to set a bit whilst you prepare the vegan tuna 🍣
- For the ‘tuna’ score the large tomatoes and add to a boiling pan of water for about 1 min or so until the skins start peeling away
- Remove the tomatoes from the boiling water and place into iced water to cool immediately. Carefully remove the skins then chop up, removing the inner seeds so you are just left with the flesh!
- Combine this with sriracha mayo and some more crumbled up seaweed crisps
- Ok now back to the rice. Add the patties into a pan with some sesame oil and shallow fry for a few mins on each side until nice and crispy!
- And then it’s time to construct! Mashed avo, vegan spicy ‘tuna’ and a seaweed crisp to finish!
Find crunchy Seaweed Crisps here.