Recipe: Banana Bread with Dark Chocolate and Red Dates Vegan GF
Try our take on Banana Bread, quick, simple and 100% vegan! Jazzed up with dark chocolate and our Red Date Crisps.
RECIPE: Banana Bread with Dark Chocolate and Red Dates
- 4 medium-ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (oat, soya, almond...)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or 1/3 cup of agave syrup)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free/plain flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 2 packets of Red Date Crisps
- Preheat the oven to 180C / fan 170C. Grease a 9x5 loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add brown sugar, oil, vanilla and plant-based milk, whisk to incorporate.
- Mix in the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon, chocolate and red date crisps (leave some for decoration) and stir until combined. Don't over mix, only stir until combined, otherwise the bread can become sticky.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin and decorate with remaining red date crisps (soak these beforehand to avoid them getting too crispy).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes (or until beginning to brown) then cover with foil and bake for another 30 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean).
Find Red Date Crisps and more on our online shop here.