Recipe: Baked Crispy Seaweed Tofu Fingers with a Chilli Dip
If you’re stumped on easy vegan finger food to serve during the quarter finals on Saturday then our contributor, @sunithapatmanathan has got you covered.
These golden fingers are coated in our seaweed crisps and turn our crispy on the outside and soft in the inside. Perfect game food!
- 1 extra firm block of tofu
- Corn flour (enough to coat)
- Rice flour (enough to coat)
- Black pepper
- White pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Ginger powder
- Sesame seeds
- Spring onion
- Seaweed crisps
- Press out all the water out of your tofu block. Cut into strips. Set aside.
- Get a large tray or plate add some corn flour, rice flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and ginger powder. Mix well.
- Beat unsweetened soy milk with a pinch of salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Roughly break a packet of Abakus Foods Seaweed Crisps in a flavour of your choice and mix some sesame seeds together.
- Coat the tofu in the flour mixture, next in the soy mixture, then coat with crisps. Cover everything well.
- Add some oil on a tray arrange the coated tofu and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, oven gas mark 5. Turn them around halfway through. Bake according to your oven! Finish with some fresh spring onion.
- Enjoy with any dip or sweet chilli sauce
Find seaweed crisps here!