Sweet and chewy red dates / jujube fruit. This superfood is packed with antioxidants and phytonutrients which help uplift the mood, calm the mind, improve sleep, and boost the immune system. This adaptogen is beneficial for overall health and vitality.
These are pitted dried whole red dates / jujube fruits. Great as a snack in between, or use in porridge, salad, baking and smoothies.
Ingredients: Dried red dates / jujube fruit (100%)
Allergen information: Packed in a plant which handles nuts and sesame seeds.
Free from: Gluten free * Dairy free * No added sugar * Non-GMO* No additives * Suitable for vegetarians and vegans *
Weight: 12 x 30 grams ℮
Alternative names: Ber fruits (India), Anab fruit (Middle East), Daechu (Korea), Chinese red dates, Korean dates, jujuberries, zizphus jujuba
RECIPE: Chinese Red Dates Ginger Tea
Red dates tea is a very simple but delicious tea, and can be enjoyed at any time of the day (caffeine-free). It can also be added into green tea to neutralise the bitter taste and add nutrients.
- Tear the red dates into smaller pieces and place into the cup with the ginger slices
- Pour boiling water into the bowl, and wait for 5 minutes, until the red dates have released their aroma - that is when the water becomes golden-coloured and syrupy, and has a sweet aromatic smell.
- Sit back and enjoy!
RECIPE: Cacao and Banana Loaf With Red Dates / Jujube Fruit
- 180g ripe banana
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 60g coconut sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 114g ground almonds
- 70g oat flour
- Handful of dried Red Dates / Jujube Fruit - roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dark chocolate chips - optional
- Preheat your oven to 180c and line a loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut sugar, banana and coconut oil and cream these together.
- Crack in both of the eggs and mix again.
- Next, add in all of your dry ingredients (apart from the red dates / jujube fruit) and blend until everything is well combined and you’re left with a reasonably smooth batter.
- Stir through the chopped red dates / jujube fruits and chocolate chips if using and pour the cake mix into the lined tin.
- Bake this in the oven for around 35 minutes - or until a skewer comes out clean when pierced. Then transfer onto a wire wrack and allow to cool.
Other recipe ideas include red dates porridge, red dates cake, red dates wine, red dates jelly. For more recipe ideas, please visit our blog.