Glass Noodles (from Mung Beans), 250 g bag
Weight: 250 g
Ingredientes: Pea, corn starch, mung bean, water
HOW TO COOK GLASS NOODLES
Soak glass noodles in very hot water for 15 minutes, or boil for 2-3 minutes, until they become soft.
Then drain and use in your recipes. You can also throw them into your soup towards the end of the cooking.
RECIPE: Japchae (Korean Glass Noodles) with Tofu
¼ cup soy sauce, low sodium, or tamari
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 cup firm tofu, diced
200 g glass noodles
100 g spinach, fresh
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup yellow onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
½ cup carrots, shredded
2 scallion stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together soy sauce and maple syrup. Add tofu, gently stir to coat and allow to marinate while you prepare other ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, enough to fit the glass noodles. Cook the glass noodles for 5 minutes. Do not discard water. You will use it to blanch the spinach.
- Use tongs to transfer the glass noodles to a colander and rinse under cool running water.
- Cut the glass noodles into 6-inch long pieces with kitcen shears. Set aside.
- Blanch spinach in the same pot of water that you cooked the glass noodles, about 1 minute until wilted. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
- Form spinach into a ball and squeeze out any excess water. Use a knife to cut the spinach ball in half. Set aside.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and allow it to heat up. Add onion, garlic, mushrooms, and carrots, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add scallion and saute 1 minute.
- Add tofu and cook 1 minute to warm, do not discard the sauce.
- Turn heat to low and add glass noodles, spinach, sesame oil, and sauce. Gently stir to combine until glass noodles are coated. Serve topped with sesame seeds.
This recipe was seen on www.jessicagavin.com
We hope you love this Glass Noodles recipe above. If you also love Glass Noodles and would like to share your recipes, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.