Dried Shiitake Mushroom, 150 g bag
Shiitake mushroom is an edible mushroom native to East Asia, enjoyed for their full, savory taste and diverse health benefits. Typically, Shiitake mushrooms are eaten as vegetables, but can also be found in supplements. They are said to help boost immunity and have anti-viral effect.
Shiitake mushrooms contain many of the same amino acids as meat, hence make a great meaty-substitute in cooking, such as stir-fry, roasts, soups, and salads.
Weight: 150 g
HOW TO COOK DRIED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
- Soak Shiitake mushrooms in boiling water, cover with lid, for 30 minutes. The mushrooms should almost double in size.
- Drain the water, chop up and add to your cooking (e.g. stir-fries, soups, omelette, curries, etc)
RECIPE: Sticky Shiitake Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup groundnut oil
- 2 cups soaked shiitake mushrooms (thickly sliced & dipped in water)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 finger ginger (minced)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornstarch (mixed with 1/2 tsp water)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha (more if you like spice)
- Put the soaked Shiitake mushrooms in a bowl, pour in the cornstarch and stir them round making sure they’re well covered.
- Warm the groundnut oil in a wok (make sure it’s nice and hot), pour in the Shiitake mushrooms and fry them for 4-6 minutes (make sure they’re cooked through and slightly crisp on the outside)
- Take the mushrooms out of the wok, put them in a bowl and put them to one side.
- Turn the heat down slightly and pour in the sesame oil (make sure the wok is clean - carefully use a paper towel if needs be).
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook them until you release the aromas and they’re bubbling in the oil.
- Add the coconut sugar to the wok and stir it around until it’s caramelised.
- Add the cornstarch, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar, stir them until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the Sriracha and stir it into the sauce.
- Pour the cooked mushrooms into the sauce and stir them around so they’re warmed through and completely covered.
- Serve the Chewy Mushrooms over basmati rice and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds.
This recipe was seen on www.bosh.tv
RECIPE: Green Bean And Shiitake Mushroom Stir Fry
- Green beans
- Cooking oil
- Shiitake Mushrooms
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger
- Vegetarian Oyster sauce (usually made with mushrooms too)
- Fill the wok or saute pan with about 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil and then add the green beans. Cover and let steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain the beans, wipe the wok dry and return wok to the stove.
- Heat the wok over high heat and swirl in the cooking oil. When very hot, add in the onions and shiitake mushrooms and stir fry for 3 minutes. Turn the heat to medium, add in the cooked green beans, ginger and the garlic and quickly stir fry for an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant. Take care not to burn the ginger or garlic.
- Stir in the oyster sauce and the 2 tablespoons of water. Cook for 1 minute.
This recipe was seen on steamykitchen.com
We hope you love these Shiitake mushroom recipes above. If you also love Shiitake mushroom and would like to share your recipes, please email us on email@example.com.