Corn Flour, 1 kg bag
Corn flour is a type of flour that's milled from dried whole corn kernels. The texture is fine and smooth, and it can be used in both sweet and savoury recipes for breads, muffins, waffles, pancakes, and more.
Weight: 1 kg
RECIPE: Vegan Gluten-Free Corn Flour Pancakes
1 cup + 2 tablespoons corn flour
3 tablespoons arrowroot
2 teaspoons aluminum-free double-acting baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
3/4-1 cup lite canned coconut milk
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Chocolate chip: add 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Blueberry: add 1/4-1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Cinnamon: add 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Combine the corn flour, arrowroot, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and whisk really well to make sure there are no lumps remaining from the starch.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the milk, syrup and vanilla and stir. Start out with 3/4 cup milk and add more as needed. You want a fairly thick, but smooth batter. This is what will produce thick, fluffy pancakes like in the pics. If your batter is too runny, it will produce thin pancakes. Slowly pour over the dry ingredients, whisking it in slowly until the batter is completely smooth.
- Let the batter sit for 15 minutes while you heat up the pan. This will give time for the baking powder to react with the liquid and also soak up the starch. This is what yields fluffy pancakes.
- Add a nonstick pan over medium-low heat.
- Spray the pan with nonstick spray and pour a 1/4 cup of batter on the pan, it should naturally form a round shape. You should hear a sizzle, that's how you know it's hot enough. Let the pancakes cook about 3 minutes or more, looking for the top to have a dry look and the edges look dry and small bubbles forming. Flip over and cook the other side for just about a minute. If you find they are cooking too fast, just slightly turn down the heat.
- These are very tender upon just coming off the pan, so give them a few minutes before eating so they firm up. They firm up a lot more after they've sat several minutes.
The recipe was seen on www.thevegan8.com
We hope you love this Corn Flour recipe above. If you also love Corn Flour and would like to share your recipes, please email us on email@example.com.