Recipe: Truffle Oil Fettuccine with Asparagus, Courgette and ‘Bacon’ Bits
The bank holiday is the perfect excuse for a bit of indulgence. Try this month's recipe by @beckysbowl for Truffle Oil Fettuccine with Asparagus, Courgette and ‘Bacon’ Bits. We promise you’ll come back to this again and again!
- Pasta of your choice
- Cashews (30g for the sauce and extra to serve)
- Boiling water
- 1/2 veggie stock cube
- 20g vegan truffle cheese
- Yeast flakes
- A meat replacement of your choice
- Truffle Olive Oil
- Abakus Foods Seaweed Crisps
- Soak 30g of plain cashews submerged in boiling water for 2 hours
- Add the stock cube, vegan truffle cheese, salt, pepper and yeast flakes to the cashews. Mix or blend.
- Bring salted water to the boil for the pasta
- Prep asparagus and courgette
- Fry your chosen meat replace into ‘bacon’ bits by placing them in a dry frying pan
- Add some truffle olive oil to the same pan when done to fry off the veggies in the same pan and let cook for a few minutes
- Add in the cashew truffle sauce along with some of the salted pasta water
- Season with more black pepper
- Once the pasta is cooked and drained, add to the pan with the sauce to mix and combine
- Blitz up some more cashews, garlic powder, sea salt, yeast flakes and salted seaweed crisps to form a crumbly mix and sprinkle.
Find crunchy Seaweed Crisps here.