Recipe: Mushroom Soup - GF & Vegan
A great source of vitamin D, this warming mushroom soup by Lea Sednaoui makes the perfect pick-me-up for colder months! Topped with crunchy Seaweed Crisp croutons for the ultimate bowl of umami.
RECIPE: Mushroom Soup
- 30g Dried wild or porcini mushrooms
- 250ml boiling water
- 500g Chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Leek, finely sliced
- Sea salt
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1 packet of Sea Salted Seaweed Crisps
- Soak the dried mushrooms - place the dried mushrooms in an airtight container and cover with the boiling water. Seal the container and allow the mushrooms to plump up for 15 minutes. You will need both the mushrooms and the mushroom water later.
- Prepare the soup - in a large casserole, dry cook the chestnut mushrooms over medium, stirring often, until they release most of their moisture. Reserve.
- In the same casserole, drizzle the olive oil, add the garlic cloves whole and infuse on a low heat for 10 minutes until golden.
- Add the leek and sweat until tender. Add the chestnut mushrooms. Season with sea salt.
- Drain the rehydrated mushrooms and add them to the pot. Sieve the mushroom water and pour it into the vegetables. Simmer until mostly absorbed.
- Gradually add the vegetable stock and cook the vegetables for 20 minutes on a simmer
- Transfer all of the soup to a food processor and pulse until velvety. Return the soup to the casserole to warm.
- To serve, sprinkle some lightly crushed Sea Salted Seaweed crisps and enjoy!
Check out more of Lea's recipes on www.chew-choose.com
Buy our Sea Salted Seaweed Crisps here.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.