Recipe: Jujube Red Dates Sticky Rice Cake - GF, Vegan - By Jeanette Chen
This healthy and yummy jujube red date sticky rice cake was created by Jeanette Chen, founder of food blog Jeanette's Healthy Living. This delicious desert is a traditional sweet treat served during celebrations.
Recipe: Jujube Red Date Sticky Rice Cake- Vegan - By Jeanette Chen
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Calories: 244 kcal
- In a medium bowl, whisk together rice flour and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, whisk together red dates jam, coconut sugar and water until coconut sugar is dissolved.
- Gradually add rice flour mixture and mix until smooth. Gradually add oil and mix until well combined.
- Line two 6" cake pans or one 8" cake pan with plastic wrap. Divide batter between the two 6" cake pans or pour all of it into one 8" cake pan. Cover pans with aluminium foil.
- Put 2 dried red dates/ jujube fruits to the top of the cake as a decoration.
- Set up steamer with two tiers. Bring water to boil in steamer pot. Place one cake pan on each steamer tier. Cover and steam for one hour.
- Carefully remove cake pan from pot. Let cool.
- Serve at room temperature. Keep extras in the refrigerator or freeze for up to one month.
- To reheat cold sticky rice cake, cut into wedges or slices and toast in toaster oven. Alternatively, dip slices in beaten egg and pan fry with a little oil.
Jeanette Chen is the founder of Jeanette’s Healthy Living, a blog to provide healthy food recipes with different dietary needs. Visit https://jeanetteshealthyliving.com/ to learn more.
Shop red dates - jujube fruit here.
Leave a comment