Recipe: Hearty Bean Stew GF & Vegan
November 04, 2020
Need a warming supper? Check out this recipe for a hearty bean stew, vegan and gluten-free - it's packed with nutrients. Topped with our Seaweed Crisps for a salty and nutritious crunch!
RECIPE: Hearty Bean Stew
- 2 Leeks (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 Stick of celery (finely chopped)
- 2 Medium carrots (finely chopped)
- 200g Chestnut mushrooms
- 500g Potatoes (chopped into medium chunks)
- 1 x 400g Tin red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 x 400g Tin chickpeas (drained
- 1 x 400g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Marmite
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- 250ml Vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Dried mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 x Packet Seaweed Crisps
- In a saucepan par-boil the potatoes for 10 minutes.
- Whist the potatoes are cooking, in a separate pan, fry the leeks and garlic in vegetable oil until soft, then add the paprika and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the carrot and celery and fry for 5 minutes, then add the mushrooms and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Drain the potatoes and add them to the fried mixture.
- Now add the remaining ingredients to the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the liquid has significantly reduced. Stirring occasionally.
- Once the stew has reduced to your desired consistency, serve in bowls and top with crunchy Seaweed Crisps.
Buy our Seaweed Crisps here.